Sunday, March 4, 2012

"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing"





dress. hanjiro (vintage)
cardigan. gift
coat. fcuk
tights. tutuanna
backpack. hanjiro (original brand)

This is from Saturday. I went vintage shop researching with my coworker in Daikanyama and Naka Meguro (in Tokyo). We walked the whole day starting at the famous Hachiko statue in Shibuya. I actually used to work in Daikanyama but I've never been shopping there before, it's a very nice place for a walk with lots of little shops and high fashion stores. Lovely to stroll around but not so good for my budget. There are many small vintage stores in that area specializing in high fashion brands like Chanel, Gucci, and Givenchy. Oh what I'd give for a vintage Chanel bag...

Naka Meguro is a really nice neighborhood with many shops along the river lined with cherry blossom trees. I heard it is beautiful in April when they all blossom. We spent about five hours walking around researching trends and noting prices and made it back to Hachiko around 7pm.

I was so tired afterwards, but somehow I had the energy to dance all night in Shibuya. It was actually a lot of fun, but I passed out when I got home in the morning and slept till 4pm. Oh, and a little sidenote, March 3rd is Girl's Day in Japan!

My coworker got a gel nail kit and she did my nails! It's the first time I've tried gel nails, I'm surprised they haven't chipped even after a week of washing dishes and strumming the guitar. Regular nail polish for me lasts about an average of 2 days. :0

No comments:

Post a Comment